Meet Your Advisor
A graduate of Utah State University with a degree in Physical Sciences Education, Cyri also has minors in physics and chemistry teaching. She is currently working on a Masters of Public Administration degree at the U. Originally from Idaho, she returned to Utah after living in the Midwest and teaching middle school science and engineering in Arizona. She loves camping, sports, Wonder Woman, and her dog, Roka. Cyri is excited for the opportunity to work with students in Physics & Astronomy at the University of Utah.
- Declaring a department major or minor.
- Explaining university graduation requirements, including general education, bachelor’s degree and course requirements for physics.
- Developing an educational plan that includes scheduling, timing and using the Degree Audit system.
- Connecting with university, college, and departmental opportunities and resources.
- Evaluating physics transfer credits.
- Navigating the system from admissions to graduation and everything in between.
- Discussing anything regarding your education at the U of U.
Drop In Hours
Drop in Hours are back in person!
Crocker Science Center Advising Hive
Please wear a mask to help us stay in person.
If you cannot meet with Cyri because of conflicts with work, school, or other obligations, please email email@example.com and we can work out a time to meet!
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Anil Seth, Ph.D.
Dr. Anil Seth is the Director of Undergraduate Studies. In this role, he also has the opportunity to meet with current and prospective students to discuss degree programs and opportunities in the Department.
Faculty Honors Advisor
Shanti Deemyad, Ph.D
Dr. Shanti Deemyad serves as liaison to the Honors College. She can help you with finding research opportunities and is the person who will approve your Honors Thesis.
Crystal is the career coach for the College of Science. She can help you explore career opportunities, find internships, and introduce you to multiple career resources and tools.